Alpinestars Limited Edition Doohan Supertech R Boots - Red/White/Blue Fluro
or make 4 interest-free payments of $144.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
The San Marino MotoGP race weekend at the iconic Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli holds fond memories for five-time 500cc World Champion Mick Doohan; the Australian won at the track in 1991 and enjoyed another five victories on Italian soil throughout his illustrious career.Mick dominated racing’s premier class until 1998, winning five consecutive world titles, and to celebrate this incredible feat Alpinestars has created the Limited Edition Doohan Supertech R Race Replica.Mick made his 500cc Grand Prix debut in 1989 and dominated the sport throughout the 1990s. Famous for his Aussie grit and determination, the 1997 season saw him truly demonstrate his superiority as he won 12 of the 15 races, finished second in another two and took 12 pole positions.
Mick completed his career with 54 wins, 95 podiums, 58 pole positions and 46 fastest laps from his 137 starts, clearly qualifying his status as one of racing’s all-time greats. The Doohan Limited Edition Supertech R’s are a fitting tribute to his achievements on the track. Featuring all of the technical innovations of Alpinestars’ class-leading Supertech R boot, the special colorway allows fans to enjoy a distinctive,premium race boot fit for Champions. Alpinestars’ most iconic road riding boot worn by a roster of the fastest world champions past and present, the Supertech R features performance innovations, including a redesigned compound rubber sole, an ergonomically profiled shin plate and a redesigned front flex area –all of which enhance the podium winning performance of this CE-certified boot.
• Flexible accordion microfiber stretch at Achilles allows natural movement.
• Innovative, full length medial-facing microfiber panel features new texture pattern offering excellent grip and feel against the bike and protects from abrasion and heat.
• Flexible, lightweight toe shifter allows feel for changing gears.
• Separate internal bio-mechanical ankle brace works with the outer structure of the boot to form a protective system allowing full and free movement of the foot, ankle, and leg.
• External entry has stretch accordion panel for a close fit and ease of entrance and removal.
• New, soft TPU stretch panel on the lateral side gives easy closure with an excellent fit.
• Zip is made from TPU to reduce friction in the event of a crash.
• Velcro tab locks the zip pull closed, keeping it flat and secure.
• Shin plate features new micro-adjustable ratchet top closure for safe and precise fit.
• These boots are available in men's EURO sizes 39 - 48.
• NOTE: Product availability is extremely limited so early purchase is recommended to ensure fulfillment.
INNER ANKLE BRACE SYSTEM
• Separate internal bio-mechanical ankle brace works with the outer structure of the boot to form a protective system allowing full and free movement of the foot, ankle and leg. New research has produced re-profiled double-hinged inner and outer torsion bars to give greater impact protection to the ankle by progressively absorbing flex and rotation stress, reducing pressure and hyper-extension injury to the lower leg joints.
• The inner ankle brace is constructed with a fiberglass reinforced polyamide compound and ergonomically designed closed cell padding to give protection and comfort.
• Alpinestars exclusive lasting process has developed the Supertech R’s fit and feel characteristics to an even greater level, ensuring the inner structure allows the rider maximum feedback from the bike.
• Specially developed polyamide compound moldings give impact protection while retaining the ease of natural skeletal movement.
• Main upper material constructed from breathable mesh and microfiber chassis supported by an inner ankle soft padding for maximum comfort.
• Metal eyelet closure ensures rapid and accurate entry and exit and with micro-adjustability, ensures perfect fitting and security.
• Removable anatomic foot bed is sculpted for precision fit.
We Also Recommend